MaestroSafeTM products represent a new and safe class of nucleic acid stains for visualization of double-stranded DNA, single-stranded DNA, and RNA in agarose gels.
The dyes are developed to replace toxic Ethidium Bromide (EtBr, a potent mutagen) ,commonly used in gel electrophoresis for visualization of nucleic acids in agarose gels.
MaestroSafeTM products are non-carcinogenic by the Ames-test. The results are negative in both the mouse marrow chromophilous erythrocyte micronucleus and mouse spermary spermatocyte chromosomal aberration tests.
MaestroSafeTM Prestained with agarose With MaestroSafeTM pre-stained dyes, you do not need to do post-stain or pre-mix with agarose gel.
All you need to do is mix MaestroSafe pre-stained dye with agarose in process of preparation and run electrophoresis normally.
After the electrophoresis, view and document your results as you would do with EtBr staining protocols.
Online Shopping, Free Worldwide Shipping!
1. Prepare a 100ml agarose solution.
2. Heat solution until particles disappeared.
3. Add 1.5~2μl MaestroSafe pre-stained dye into solution and mix gently.
4. Let the solution cool down to 60-70℃ and cast the gel.
5. Load samples into well and perform electrophoresis.
6. View the results under traditional UV light after electrophoresis.
7. Or use non -hazardous UltraBright or UltraSlim LED transilluminator for not only good performance but also your health concerns.
MaestroSafeTM pre-stained dye emits green fluorescence when bound to dsDNA and ssDNA and red fluorescence when bound to RNA.
This stain has one excitation (490 nm) and two emission spectra (520 nm and 635 nm)